Message from Doug Knock:
HLG bursaries which are worth up to £250 - next deadline is March so anyone interested should apply by the end of next month.
For details click on the title of this post
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Leslie Morton Bursary
These bursaries are intended for HLG members who wish to attend an international conference in health librarianship, medical bibliography or medical history. A maximum of £1000 p.a. will be available. One award per year will be made. Applications will be evaluated once or twice a year, starting Jan 2010. Deadlines for receipt of applications are 31st January and, if no award is made at that point, also on 31st July.
Awards can be used for conference fees, travel costs and accommodation.
- The Bursary is open to Health Libraries Group members
- Preference is given to members with less than ten years experience in health library & information services
- Funding is available for attendance at international conferences in the area of health librarianship, medical bibliography or medical history. For example, ICML, MLA, EAHIL.
- Preference is given to those presenting a paper or poster at the conference
- The bursary is given to enhance the knowledge and development of health librarianship, medical bibliography and medical history, and to further continuing professional development. Applicants should explain how this particular conference is aligned with these interests of Leslie Morton’s.
Applicants will be required to write a report of the conference for publication in the HLG Newsletter. The Bursary can be used for conference registration fees, travel and accommodation costs. Up to £500 can be awarded for conferences in Europe; up to £1000 for conferences outside Europe.
Detailed guidelines for applicants are as follows:
3. Applicants will be expected to give details of funding applications from other sources, whether successful or not.
5. Applicants should confirm that their line manager has given approval for them to attend.
12. Applicants will be notified as soon as possible after the decision is made.